Sunday, October 29, 2006

About this Blog

This blog is my place to come and talk about my recovery from the auto accident on May 20, 2006. It's intended to be my place to look over my milestones (when I need motivation and encouragement); as well as to rant, rave, educate or whatever else suits my fancy at the time I'm writing.

I started a paper journal while I was still in the hospital. Since both hands were in casts, this consisted solely of noting key milestone dates. Now, I'm going back to those dates and writing more about what was happening, and how I felt.

I can back date entries on this blog, so as I get around to electronically journalizing those first several months, I'll date them for the actual entry. In the mean time, I'm not going to wait around until I'm all caught up before I start journaling.

Just the act of starting this journal, and writing the first few entries has been mentally therapeutic. One, I feel a bit better mentally about some of the things that have been weighing on me; but more interesting, I'm starting to remember a few bits and pieces here and there. I really don't like having this huge blank spot in my memory; so if writing in detail about that time helps my memory, then I'm all for it!

If you happen to be someone who stops by and reads this journal, all of the skipping around is likely to be confusing. Sorry, but that's how it is right now. After the first several months are caught up, I'm sure it will be much better.

No comments: