Saturday, September 16, 2006

Why?

Why a blogger blog? Afterall, we've got the baby blog news thing on the homepage of our personal website.

To tell the truth, I'm not totally sure; yet I've created two different blogs this week. One public easily identified to us, and another undercover. I'm toying around with ideas of ways to use my new found challenges to do what I'm not sure. Part of me keeps thinking about what purpose I should have for surviving this, and another and bigger part thinks about ways to help and educate folks who may experience things like this themselves.

And, more truth to be told; I really, really need something to do, something with meaning. Something that will help drive me to tolerate the pain of physical and occupational therapy, drive me to find ways to do the things I want.

This journey that we've embarked upon; the unasked, unwanted, why me journey. This mid life change; well it's got more downs than ups, and likely to contain lots of griping and ranting along the path of discovery. Not the kind of feeling I want for our personal website.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
- Dr. Suess Oh, the places you'll go!

No comments: